These are the perfect bone conduction headphone option for the intrepid swimmer looking for the ability to listen to audio while working out in the pool. Unlike other Bluetooth headphones for swimming, these are device-less and have built-in internal storage to allow you to use them in water without worrying about connectivity!
I CAN’T STATE IT ENOUGH! THESE ARE FULLY WATERPROOF!
With storage for up to 1200 songs, 8-hour battery life, and no wires or devices, get ready to take open-ear listening to new depths.
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this AfterShokz Xtrainerz review:
- First, we’ll share the features and benefits that you’ll find useful
- Next, we’ll take a look at the drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, we’ll tell you a bit about the AfterShokz company
- And finally, we’ll provide a sampling of the actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of AfterShokz Xtrainerz
- EXCLUSIVE PACK – Includes Xtrainerz bone conduction headphones and swim cap. Unlike traditional headphones that send sound through the ear canals, our patented bone conduction technology delivers audio through the cheekbones. With nothing inside or over your ears, enjoy total awareness and comfort while you listen.
- LEAVE YOUR DEVICE BEHIND – With 4GB of built-in MP3 storage that holds up to 1,200 songs, you can leave your Bluetooth devices at home. Xtrainerz support MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, and FLAC files (not Bluetooth compatible).
- 8 HOURS OF PLAY – Enjoy 8 continuous hours of premium audio while you’re cross-training. Adjust volume and tracks at the touch of a button.
- IP68 RATED – Fully waterproof, Xtrainerz headphones perform in and out of the water so your favorite open-ear headphones can keep you company wherever your training takes you.
- COMFORTABLE + SECURE – The unique open-ear design of Xtrainerz enables bud-free, pain-free listening, and keeps the headphones in place stroke after stroke.
Special Features (Pros) of the AfterShokz Xtrainerz Bluetooth Headphones for Swimming
Music Experience In The Pool – Makes for really great swimming experience. Nothing feels better than doing a backstroke with music pumping in your head!
Exceeds Quality Expectations – Audio quality in and out of the water easily exceeds peoples expectations.
Comfortable Fit – Many reports spoke about hours in the pool without almost noticing they are wearing anything on their heads.
Drawbacks (Cons) for the AfterShokz Xtrainerz Bluetooth Headphones for Swimming
Shuffle Button – Shuffle mode doesn’t seem to let you restart the song, or replay the most recent song
Folder Based Navigation – Folder navigation is sufficient for use but feels a bit limiting to continuous use
Video: AfterShokz Xtrainerz
About the AfterShokz Company
Aside from the open ear design and the bone conduction technology stuff that’s unique to the AfterShokz brand, they build headphones that actually make people’s lives better.
Their headphones serve a purpose in the problem they solve – allowing users to tune in without tuning out. In a world with an increasing number of distractions, this focus on awareness provides for a safer listening experience.
AfterShokz Xtrainerz Reviews
Looking at the features and benefits is great, but taking a look at what real-and-actual customers have to say about a product offers a deeper dive of insight. Here we’ve curated reviews that reflect the AfterShokz Xtrainerz, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as on Amazon.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the AfterShokz Xtrainerz
One of the big issues with waterproof headphones used for swimming has always been the wearing comfort and stability. Previous models often had to be attached to a special headstrap and compatibility with swimming goggles or a swim cap was a real disaster. Not even talking about the force of the water knocking off the headphones while swimming. The AfterShokz dry land bone conduction headphones have always excelled in wearing comfort.Read More…
There’s not a lot to say about the Aftershokz Xtrainerz that a simple description of what they do can’t achieve. They’re bone conducting headphones, they’re lightweight and they’re water resistant for swimming entertainment.Read More…
They’re comfortable, lightweight and do something very few others are doing right now. We’re not sure on the battery life, but with resistance to seawater these headphones sound brilliant for triathlon training, able to switch from any pool or ocean to the bike or run with ease.
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the AfterShokz Xtrainerz
From first impression this is a wonderful product and I’m more than happy with my purchase. Most everything negative below is really nit-picking/possibly improvements for future iterations. I will update again once i’ve had some more time with these to see how they hold up 🙂
There are NO other headphones that are in this league, whether bone conduction or not. These are amazing feats of technology which have allowed a person to bring 8 HOURS of audio with them in the pool without issues to functionality!
If you are a serious audio listener or are frequently in wet environments then these are the perfect fit for you. In fact, these were EXPRESSLY made due to requests from this community who were massively underserved in the headphone community as a whole!
Quality Bone Conduction Headphones on Amazon
|Top Top||AfterShokz Aeropex||AfterShokz Aeropex Open-Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones with Sport Belt, Cosmic Black, 2.3||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||AfterShokz Air||AfterShokz Air Open-Ear Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones with Brilliant Reflective Strips, Canyon Red, AS650CR-BR||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||AfterShokz OpenMove||AfterShokz OpenMove Wireless Bone Conduction Open-Ear Bluetooth Headphones Includes Pack||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||ZBones Stealth||ZBones Stealth Wireless Bone Conduction Headphones, Open-Ear, Sweat Proof, Bluetooth 5.0, Built-in Microphone||Prime||Buy Now|