While headphones are very popular something else is growing in popularity that serves more purposes than just hearing. Bone conduction has moved into glasses since they have the same general shape and space required to fulfill the needs.
These Alien 5 bone conduction glasses from Vocal Skull are very stylish while providing you amazing bone conduction hearing for music, audiobooks, and even telephone calls.
Hereâ€™s a rundown of what weâ€™ll provide in this Alien 5 Bone Conduction Glasses review:
- First, weâ€™ll share the features and benefits that youâ€™ll find useful
- Next, weâ€™ll take a look at the drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, weâ€™ll tell you a bit about the Coleman company
- And finally, weâ€™ll provide a sampling of actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product.
Sound good? Letâ€™s get started!
Features and Benefits of Alien 5 Bone Conduction Glasses
- UPGRADED BONE CONDUCTION SPEAKER: Upgraded bone conduction speaker, with the exclusive soundproof cavity design, reduced the sound leakage by 87%.
- ABLE TO BE USED WITH PRESCRIPTION LENSES: The lens can be replaced very easily, and we provide free transparent lens mold for Myopia&Older. We also provide Myopia/Hyperopia/Astigmatism bone conduction glasses in our Store
- OPEN EAR DESIGN: You can easily listen to music and you also can hear the sound around, guarantee your safety when you are running cycling etc. not hurt your eardrum even after long-time wear.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE & UV 400 PROTECTION: Rechargeable lithium battery (250mAh/3.8V), Charging time:2hours, Standby time:300hours, playing music about 3-4 hours (depending on the volume and sound source varies), continuous call about 4-5 hours.
- PLEASE NOTE: Because of the limits of bone conduction technology, there is a sound leakage of the bone conduction products. The sound quality also has a little different from traditional headphones.
Special Features (Pros) of Alien 5 Bone Conduction Glasses
Prescription Lens Ready – If you need prescription glasses you can look at replacing out these lenses with your own lenses.
Comfortable Fitting – Many reviews have said these were very good in the overall fit and comfortable to wear for long hours listening.
Ability To Hear Surroundings – These can be used in a work environment our outside where you need to hear what is happening around you
Drawbacks (Cons) for Alien 5 Bone Conduction Glasses
Sound Leakage – All bone conduction has some form of sound leakage as they aren’t in your ears
Bass Is A Letdown – As many people will report on bone conduction headphones you don’t have the same bass that you would get from in-ear or over-ear headphones.
Video: Alien 5 Bone Conduction Glasses
About the Company
Vocal Skull has existed for quite some time and maintain their own blog about bone conduction technology and more, they have been producing quality bone conduction gear for years.
Alien 5 Bone Conduction Glasses Reviews
Looking at the features and benefits is great, but taking a look at what real-and-actual customers have to say about a product offers a deeper dive.
Here weâ€™ve curated reviews that reflect the Alien 5 Bone Conduction Headphone, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as on Amazon.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the Alien 5 Bone Conduction Glasses
VocalSkull literally dominated the first page of the search result for the keyword bone conduction glasses until Zungle Viper joined the fight.100buytech.com
The VocalSkullâ€™s second-generation smart glasses are made with a superlight material. As a result, it weighs only 32g. This is great as the user feels more comfortable wearing it in comparison to other, heavier smart glasses.SmartGlassesHub.com
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the Alien 5 Bone Conduction Glasses
Rated year-after-year consistently with good reviews on Amazon, this set of bone conduction glasses comes highly recommended.
This is not fully immersive sound and it’s not meant to be. This works great for on the job safety glasses. You can listen to your music of choice and still hear everything around you. In a quite area others around you can hear that there is music coming from somewhere, but are confused when they don’t see any earbuds.
I work at a very quiet office and we can’t wear earbuds. I bought these glasses to not fall asleep at my desk while crunching an insane amount of numbers. They are easy and quick to connect with your phone. There is some sound leakage, the louder the music is.
Wether you use these for a specific purpose or not, these are amazing. I got these for the office to go headphones free; which works great at half or less volume. Any higher volume and people around you will hear.
Put prescription lenses in my pair and look a little bit like a hipster, but their not bad. These are even better for doing chores around the house and watching your own show on a phone or tablet, when someone else has claimed the tv.
- Model: Alien 5
- Weight: 32g
- Size: 6.1*5.7*1.9 InchBluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1,Support A2DP,APTX
- Bluetooth Chip: CSR Bluetooth 4.1
- Bluetooth Distance: 10m
- Battery: 250mAh
- Charge Time: 2Hour
- Charge Voltage: AC 110V/220V,50/60Hz, DC 5V, Max 1A
- Charge Port: Micro-USB
- Waterproof: IP67
- Standby Time: 10 Days
- Music Play Time: 3-4Hours
- Conversation Time: 4-5Hours
If you are looking for a pair of glasses and want to be able to listen to music or audiobooks, or similar then bone conduction is a perfect fit.
They aren’t expensive enough to break the bank as you can check out the Bose options here but are a good fit when you want to be outside and relax while listening to your surroundings.