As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made on my website. Many links may be affiliate links that provide income from sales.
Bluetooth along with wireless headphones have become popular in modern times. It’s easier to connect without worrying about moving, which is the case with wired headphones. However, is it possible to connect the earbuds to more than one device at the same time?
With the multipoint option, it is possible to connect the earbuds to more than one device simultaneously. Not all wireless headphones have this option, but some more advanced ones do. Not all headphones have the same configuration, but with the “pair mode,” you can add new devices.
This article will see the multipoint selection in Bluetooth of wireless headphones, how to use this option, and the advantages and disadvantages of wireless and wired headphones.
If it is something that interests you, keep reading below.
Bluetooth is a tool that allows us to connect different devices without the need for a cable between them. This technology enables data to be transmitted or artifacts linked for easier use.
It is usually safe and protects data against hacking. It has a limited range, and if there is any interference in the way, such as a wall or furniture, the connection may be lost.
Not all earbuds can be connected to multiple devices at the same time. First, you need to look at the model of headphones you have and investigate if it is possible to make the multipoint connection.
Multipoint is the option to link a device to two or more different devices. For example, if you have a pair of wireless headphones, you can connect them to your computer and cell phone.
Thus, if you are using the computer and a call comes in, the computer’s sound stops to make way for the cell phone, or vice versa.
This way, you avoid having to connect and disconnect the headphones from different devices.
However, two devices cannot ring simultaneously, but one stops to make way for the new one.
Some headphones work only with a computer and a cell phone, but others have the capacity for more devices.
The multipoint Bluetooth automatically prioritizes calls and notifications if you have videos or music playing in the headphones.
Many advanced models can support several devices at the same time. However, they are not exactly the cheapest headphones on the market.
This type of configuration works perfectly for people who work with the computer and the cell phone, as it increases productivity and allows you to be on two devices simultaneously.
To connect your headphones to multiple devices, you must put them in pairing mode and click the first device.
Then you must put it back in pairing mode and do the same with the second device. If the headphones are disconnected from the first device, simply reconnect them.
Not all headphones work the same way. If you don’t know how to put your earbuds in pair mode, find the model of your headphones and research the instructions.
Today, there are many debates about which type of headphones has the best sound quality.
However, there are other factors to consider before deciding on wired or wireless headphones, and we will break them down below:
- The first and most obvious advantage is the lack of cables in the headphones. Without the wires, we can walk freely without having to remove an earbud, we have more freedom when moving around in our space, and we don’t have to worry about the cables getting tangled, damaged, or broken.
- If you invest in a good pair of wireless headphones, you don’t have to worry about sound quality. However, it should be noted that the purchase price is directly related to the quality of the product. If you buy a low-cost pair of headphones, you won’t have good sound quality.
- Some wireless headphones work like wired headphones, coming with an auxiliary cable in case you want to connect to a device that does not have Bluetooth. However, it is not a general quality, so it would be good to consult the model before buying it if you are looking for this specification.
- You can connect to more than one device with the multipoint option. Not all wireless headphones allow it, but those with more advanced technology could increase uptime and reduce the distraction of checking notifications at all times.
- The first disadvantage is the price. As we have already established before, the price will determine the sound quality of the headphones. Inexpensive earbuds tend to omit small sound details when transferring data from device to earbuds, but more expensive ones use better Bluetooth technology. However, you can buy wired headphones with more qualities for what you spend on good quality wireless headphones.
- Wireless headphones need to constantly recharge the battery. Therefore, the wearer must remember to charge the headphones when finished wearing them. If not, you may find yourself in a compromising situation and have to resort to wired headphones anyways. However, some headphones allow you to use them simultaneously as you charge them, and they would function as a standard headset with cables.
- Wireless headphones tend to last less than wired headphones. This is because due to the complexity of the technology used, you need to be more careful with these devices.
- The most significant advantage of wired headphones is their price. For a moderate cost, they can give you spectacular sound quality. Even if you’re willing to pay, you can get a pair of professional headphones with the best sound quality on the market.
- Also, you won’t have to worry about the battery if you’re a wired headphone user. Your headphones will be ready to use as soon as you connect them to your device of choice.
- It’s easy to use. You just have to connect the cable to your device, and the headphones are working. You don’t have to worry about connecting and disconnecting Bluetooth devices, and it can save you if you’re in a rush.
- The biggest downside is that headphones limit your mobility. It is uncomfortable getting up from the computer quickly, removing the headphones, and reconnecting again once you are done. If it’s a habit, it can get tedious.
- If you need headphones for your cell phone, most newer smartphones don’t have the option to connect a wired headset. So if you want headphones for your phone, you should look for wireless headphones anyways.
- You cannot connect simultaneously to more than one device. The multipoint option is not available for wired headphones, so you should constantly check the different devices to be aware of the calls or notifications that may arrive, which can be very distracting and unproductive.
Wireless earbuds have many advantages over wired headphones. One of these benefits, which is not so well known, is the connection to multiple devices simultaneously.
This allows you to listen to notifications from more than one device or connect to the computer for a meeting while listening if a message arrives on your cell phone.
However, the price must be considered, as wireless headphones are notably more expensive than wired ones.
The most advisable thing is to review the needs you have concerning earbuds and investigate which is the best option for you.