As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made on my website. Many links may be affiliate links that provide income from sales.
Whether you want to start a professional gaming career or just enjoy gaming as a hobby, choosing the most suitable headphones can enhance your gaming experience by submerging yourself in the experience. However, to achieve this, it’s necessary to have a pair with incredible audio quality.
The best and most high-quality headphones used by pro gamers are the following:
- SteelSeries Arctis 7/7X and 7P
- Sennheiser Game Zero
- Razer BlackShark V2 and Razer Kraken Pro V2
- Kingston HyperX Cloud II Wireless, Cloud Revolver, and Cloud Revolver S.
- Logitech G Pro X
- Astro A50
- Turtle Beach Elite Pro
There is a vast range of audiophile headphones models produced by reputable brands that have been in the industry for a long time.
Considering that this field is extremely competitive, you can buy amazing pro-gaming headphones that can be easily adjusted to your budget.
This article will focus on the most famous pro gamers headphones, affordable and alternative options, and what to consider when buying one in order to get the most luxurious and pleasant gaming experience.
The main reason why professional gamers choose to invest in these headphones is because of their specs. It is fundamental to understand your audio gaming needs, as this will heavily affect your decision.
Educating yourself about the type of technology employed is also recommended. The above points are just a few things to consider if you want to get the most out of your headset.
Once you start your online research, you might encounter a wide variety of gaming headphones that are used by professional players and vary in price.
This is because this industry is heavily saturated with new technology. However, even if you want to be a hardcore professional gamer or you just enjoy it, choosing the right headphones can give you a competitive advantage.
We were able to compile a list of things to look out for when selecting a professional headphone to achieve the utmost surreal gaming experience.
Various players like to stick to wired headphones due to their convenience and incredible sound quality. However, others tend to prefer the flexibility that wireless offers and the ability to move freely.
Each of them has its disadvantages and advantages, which we will be analyzing in the following chart.
|More mobility and flexibility||Too much latency and sometimes low audio quality|
|Reduces clutter||Constant battery charging|
|Easier to use for other activities and no wires getting in the way||Higher prices due to advanced technology which increases the cost in comparison to wired headphones|
|Great audio quality with 2.4 GHz wireless frequency with stable signal||Not so durable: you might need to replace the battery, the dongles, or the headphones themselves|
|Outstanding audio quality in contrast to wireless||Restricted mobility and extra wires might be annoying|
|Minimal data loss and less signal interference||More clutter|
|Compatible with a vast range of devices with a USB port which helps to remove background noises associated with headphone jacks||Prone to cable damage if it is stretched out. For headphones that don’t have removable cables, you might need to buy a newer one|
|Highly convenient and incredibly high quality for the price||Need to be manually connected to the computer|
Depending on your needs and which you feel is more comfortable, you might favor one style more than the other.
It is important to choose the most suitable and aligned with what you want to receive out of the headphones since this can heavily impact the audio quality and gaming experience.
Why you should buy wired headphones:
- A more affordable option in comparison to wireless headphones, and therefore will provide higher audio quality for a lower price range.
- Customization options like mixer dial, headphones stands, and any accessory you want to add to build your gaming setup.
- No need to constantly charge the headphones and extremely reliable.
Why you should buy wireless headphones:
- If not on a budget, you can still get the same audio quality.
- Less clutter on your desk and sometimes translates to better durability.
- Provides more mobility and freedom to move around.
Here are a few things professional gamers consider when choosing their headphones:
- Sound quality: the majority of headsets come with noise cancellation to disable background noise and help you to immerse yourself in the gaming experience. This is why choosing a great audio quality headphone is important. In addition to this, there are multiple headphones with Dolby Atmos technology with surround sound features incorporated which are worth the investment.
- Comfort: buying headphones designed to be comfortable instead of physically painful and sometimes even uncomfortable to wear.
- Microphone quality: headsets usually have a microphone attached, while headphones have an integrated one, and it is often used to listen to audio. This is extremely important since if you want a high-quality microphone, it is necessary to choose great headsets.
- Price: taking into consideration if the quality of the headphones is justified and worth the price.
- Gaming platform: it is essential to verify if the headphones you purchase are compatible with your preferred gaming platforms, be it Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, Windows, Mac, etc.
- Durability: pick a model that will last you for several years. Choosing high-quality headphones can mean an increase in their lifespan. For example, cheap plastic ones tend to break pretty easily, while other headphones made of hard material like aluminum can last you a long time.
After reviewing what professional gamers consider when choosing headphones, we will now review the most popular amongst them.
- This is an above-average headset with an aluminum frame, 7.1 surround sound, noise cancellation, detachable microphone, and is compatible with PC and gaming consoles.
- In terms of quality and price, this is the best and most affordable gaming headset you can purchase, and you will still get an incredible and durable headset with outstanding performance.
- It is also one of the best-selling headsets in the United States and has positive reviews from gaming enthusiasts and experts.
- Pros: comfort through the memory foam, longevity with its great quality built, great audio and microphone quality for competitive gaming, and minor latency.
- Cons: deficient at noise isolation, non-detachable headphone cord, and various critics claim that the 7.1 surround sound is slightly gimmicky.
- Great quality for the price. Incredible comfort and high-quality sound.
- Robustly built with a steel frame which makes them more durable.
- Versatile headset with 3.5mm audio jack connectivity support.
- Visual design is high quality and premium, thanks to its black parts made in a smooth matte finish and comfortable ear cups.
- Works with PC and console.
- Pros: noise-cancellation microphone, 7.1 surround sound offered, memory foam headband, and ear cups made with leather.
- Cons: on the expensive side and the microphone is not retractable nor foldable.
- Offers one of the best audio quality in the entire gaming industry, along with an incredible retractable microphone.
- Premium feel. Full feature with surround sound v2.m and can also be purchased with an extra controller.
- Contains two batteries and charging compartments.
- Pros: It works wonders with PS5 and PS4; it is extremely comfortable and offers many DAC options. Certified for Hi-Res audio and has one of the best sound quality in the business.
- Cons: expensive.
- These headsets offer incredible audio and microphone quality with a light, comfortable fit.
- Pros: outstanding audio performance and richness, excellent microphone, incredibly comfortable, very versatile with the customization, and great for the price.
- Cons: The cable is hardwired to the headset.
- Excellent comfort and build quality. Truly the best on the market right now.
- Popular and reliable gaming headset.
- Pros: wireless charging, incredible comfort, powerful, and excellent audio quality.
- Cons: next-generation compatibility is uncertain, lasts longer to charge, and is expensive.
The most popular headphones amongst professional gamers are the Razer, Astro, Kingston, Logitech, SteelSeries, along with many other brands that have incredible quality at different price ranges.
However, it is necessary to analyze the sound quality, which gaming platforms are compatible with them, durability, comfort, and microphone quality when buying one.
|Top Top Top||ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Headset + Base Station Gen 4 - Compatible With PS5, PS4, PC, Mac - Black/Silver||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC Wired Gaming Headset - Certified Hi-Res Audio - Dedicated DAC and Amp - for PS5/PS4 and PC - Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|TopTop Top Top||HyperX Cloud II Wireless - Gaming Headset for PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Long Lasting Battery Up to 30 Hours, 7.1 Surround Sound, Memory Foam, Detachable Noise Cancelling Microphone with Mic Monitoring||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||HyperX Cloud Revolver - Gaming Headset with HyperX 7.1 Surround Sound, Signature Memory Foam, Premium Leatherette, Steel Frame, Detachable Noise-Cancellation Microphone||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top Top Top||Razer BlackShark V2 Gaming Headset: THX 7.1 Spatial Surround Sound - 50mm Drivers - Detachable Mic - PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, Mobile - 3.5 mm Audio Jack & USB DAC - Black||Prime||Buy Now|