As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made on my website. Many links may be affiliate links that provide income from sales.
I’m excited, you know why; I’m about to share the kind of news you like- headphones, lovers. We are at headphones again. This time around, we come up with something mind-blowing.
When you use your wireless Bluetooth headphones, you feel like no other headphones can beat the existing Bluetooth wireless headphones. That feeling is true as long as you are ignorant of the type of headphones we will be talking about in this article.
I mean the radiofrequency headphones. If you want to hear about something better than Bluetooth headphones, keep reading, and by the time you get to the end, you have every reason to pack your Bluetooth headphones forever.
But before we get there, let’s check out an important term.
What is a radiofrequency (RF)?
A radiofrequency is simply the electromagnetic radio waves or oscillation rate of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum and ranges from 300 gigahertz (GHz) to as low as 9 kilohertz (kHz).
Using antennas and transmitters, you can use a Radiofrequency field for wireless broadcasting and communications.
What is the function of radiofrequency?
When a radio wave is a broadcast, its frequency is measured in hertz (Hz), representing the number of cycles each second. one hertz is equivalent to one cycle per second, radio waves have cycles per second ranging from thousands (kilohertz) to millions (megahertz) to billions (gigahertz).
The wavelength and frequency of a radio wave are inversely proportional. The human eye is unable to detect radio frequencies.
Electromagnetic energy manifests itself as microwaves, infrared radiation (IR), visible, ultraviolet, X-rays, and gamma rays as frequency exceed that of the RF spectrum.
That is enough for now; let’s go o the exciting part of the work.
Are RF headphones good?
Let us find out.
Before we get to RF headphones, let’s recap on Bluetooth headphones; Bluetooth connections have a limited range of roughly 30 feet and can only connect to one Bluetooth device at a time.
But RF transmissions, on the other hand, are far more powerful. The greatest RF headphone transmitters can broadcast to unlimited devices and have a signal range of 328 feet.
As a result, RF headphones are ideal for large-scale listening parties or silently watching movies from across the room. An RF transmitter is always included with a set of RF headphones.
Like a little radio tower in your living room, these transmitters convert the audio output from your TV or stereo into radio waves.
If you still need more convincing to choose an RF headset over a Bluetooth device, you may need to hear this first: once you’ve completed the first setup, there’s no pairing, fixing, or lost connections, as is the case with Bluetooth headphones.
Like a radio tuned to a certain channel, the headphones will never lose their connection. It has all of the benefits of Bluetooth without the drawbacks.
These transmitters can also dock and charge your RF headphones powered by batteries rather than cables. That may sound simple enough, but finding the ideal pair of RF headphones can be difficult.
Some are not difficult to use, while others have a lot of knobs and EQ choices. But you need not worry; we have done everything to include some of the best RF headphones in this article.
Disclaimer: the choice of headphones we present here are not serving as adverts in any form. So this article should not be quoted in that regard.
Secondly, the order in which they are presented is of no consequence, just in order of price.
It isn’t easy to find nice RF headphones without spending a lot of money. If you’re looking for an economical pair of RF headphones with some quality features, the Sennheiser RS 135 is a good option.
This model has a 300-foot connection range and connects to your TV through RCA, 1/4′′, or AUX cable.
The RS 135 headphones are lightweight and comfortable to wear, and they offer volume controls, so you don’t have to get up to alter the volume.
They don’t have any EQ or noise-cancellation settings, but they’re a terrific way to listen to music or watch TV from anywhere in your house for less money.
- Lightweight radio frequency (RF) wireless, on-ear headphones for use with TV and Hi-Fi Audio
- Includes (1) Wireless Headphones, (1) Wireless Transmitter that acts as the headphone charging cradle and (2) AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Interference-free reception through walls, ceilings and outdoors up to 300 feet
- Transmitter connects directly to any device with analog audio output (RCA jack or headphone out)
- Not compatible with Bluetooth technology
If you’re one of those people, headphones with many options and settings aren’t for you. Your best bet will be the Avantree HT280 headphones. They are inexpensive, comfortable, and straightforward. The receiver has a 100-foot range and uses an AUX connection to connect to your sound source.
The Avantree HT280 headphones provide a clean, comfortable listening experience and feature a 20-hour battery life. They don’t have EQ or volume controls, but that shouldn’t be a problem if you watch TV.
Although many of these headphones have a range of over 300 feet, a range of 100 feet isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
- 【PLUG & PLAY】 Not a tech junkie? No problem! With our HT280 wireless headphones, there is no need to worry about pairing them with your device. Simply turn on both devices and they will auto connect. Our headset also comes with an all-in-one charging dock and transmitter for a user friendly audio experience.
- 【STOP SQUABBLES ABOUT SOUND】Whether your family is sleeping or just enjoy the full volume capacity of your favorite shows and games, our over the ear headset allows you full range of sound-without being constantly told to turn it down! Unlike other headphones, our HT280 features customized volume controls 30% louder than our competitors, making them ideal for you and your families. Note: Not for professional audiophiles (recommend Avantree HT4189).
- 【NO MORE DELAY】Featuring 2.4 GHz wireless technology, our HT280 headphones allow you to binge watch your favorite series on Netflix, catch the highly anticipated game, or pop in your favorite video with high quality sound and in perfect synchronization.
- 【CONVENIENTLY COMPATIBLE】Whether you are spinning albums on a record player, or watching your favorite show on the latest model of TV, our HT280 offers the flexibility and compatibility with any device with optical, AUX/3.5mm or RCA audio out port.
- 【LONG BATTERY LIFE】Immerse yourself in your shows with up to 12 hours of battery life! HT280 also spans up to 100ft / 30m of the transmitter allowing you free range listening.
If you’re searching for a mid-range RF headphone set, the Sony RF995RK is a good option. It includes certain unique characteristics generally reserved for more expensive devices while keeping the simplicity and affordability of less expensive RF headphones.
The Sony RF995RK’s transmitter ranges 150 feet and uses RCA wires to connect to your audio source. It doesn’t have any EQ choices, but it looks excellent and performs admirably.
The Sony RF995RK, like several other RF headphone options, has 20-hour battery life. It does, however, have a special feature: noise reduction technology, which allows you to tune out the rest of the world and concentrate on your movies or music.
- EASY WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY - Radio Frequency Headphones Let You Move Freely Up to 150 SENSATIONAL HD PERFORMANCE - Sony Technology Produces High Fidelity Sound & Booming Bass w/ Noise Reduction, Voice Mode, Volume Control & Auto TuneFt Through Walls & Ceiling; Battery Life Up to 20 Hours Per Charge
- SENSATIONAL HD PERFORMANCE - Sony Technology Produces High Fidelity Sound & Booming Bass w/ Noise Reduction, Voice Mode, Volume Control & Auto Tune
- OPTIMIZED FOR CINEMA - Durable, Powerful 40mm Drivers Render Clear, Warm, Detailed Sound, Dynamic Music & Crisp Dialogue for All Your Hi-Fi Entertainment. Your TV needs to have either left/right RCA output jacks to connect to the headphone transmitter or you need a headphone jack on the TV to connect with the transmitter.
There are a few ground principles in home audio to follow. According to the most typical rule, premium features come at a premium price. The Sennheiser RS 175 RF headphones demonstrate this rule.
This is a pricey RF headphone set, but it’s well worth it. The RS 175 transmitter has a 328-foot range and looks excellent.
It has two EQ controls for bass enhancement and surrounds sound, and it connects to your audio source by optical or AUX cables. What about the headphones, though? They offer a wonderful sound, are comfortable to use, and have 20-hour battery life.
You don’t have to get up to modify your sound settings because the volume and EQ dials are on the side of the headphones.
Furthermore, the closed-back design of the RS 175 headphones helps to eliminate background noise, allowing you to immerse yourself in rich sound.
- Compact, ergonomic over-ear headphones. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Bass boost and surround sound listening modes. Maximum sound pressure level: 114 dB at 1kHz, 3 percentage THD. THD, total harmonic distortion: <0.5 percentage at 1 kHz, 100 dB SPL. Range: Up to 100 m
- Digital wireless technology ensures that signal transmission remains clear and accurate
- Easy to set up and enjoy
- MAIN controls located on headphones
- Wireless communication technology: Kleer
You are probably amazed at the never-before-seen features of headphones. There are yet many other brands with awesome features. You may want to look up a complete list of RF headphones later.
So are RF headphones good? YES, THEY ARE SUPER GOOD.